"How does the dark come?"
"What do Eyores drink?"
"Mommy, where does Jesus go potty?"
and last but not least.... "Mommy, do you fart like daddy?"
Today she had a little bunny lying down to sleep. By pushing his tail into the bed I could slip my finger inconspicuously beneath him (or so I thought) and make him pop up standing. Helena kept telling me to leave him alone because he was sleeping and I kept saying watch, I'm not doing anything. She can't see me moving my fingers, but she can see my hand on the rabbits "tail" area. So all of a sudden she says to me "Mommy! Don't touch his tail. That's disgusting mommy!" in the most disgusted 2 yr old voice she could muster. Oh my did I laugh. She's too smart! That's what I tell her when she tries to play with our dog's very short tail.
She's just too smart! You should see her play the game Memory. As I'm writing, she just tied Daddy!
Yesterday I was mimicking a bird's call hoping to lure it close enough to see. Finally Helena got tired of hearing me I guess, because after a few minutes of my silence she pipes up with "Mommy, you just need to leave that frickin bird alone. Just leave that frickin bird alone mommy and maybe then it will come over here." Yes, I'm ashamed to say, but Joe and I do say frickin sometimes - not in a bad way, but still not a good thing to say around a 2 yr old. But I'm just unproper enough to think it's hysterical to hear her say it - as long as it's only once in a while.
4 comments:
lol that made me laugh out loud this morning... what a sweetie
mom hates that word haha, better watch out, you will be getting a lecture!!! I still laugh about the time we made her say "I want to go out on the frickin porch..." just so we could laugh at how adorable it was :) Miss you!!!! And if I ever get a day off, I'll be out (i.e. if I get the teacher's aide position I applied for and actually have weekends off!!!!)
So funny, how different a child sounds when saying the things we say without even knowing we say them. I will never forget the first time Ava said "crap". Gotta say, we don't say that one much anymore. It didn't sound to great coming from her, so I just assumed it didn't sound to great coming from me either. lol. But I did get a pretty good laugh the first time she said it.
I love the questions she is asking. :D
ah ha ha ha! that's hilarious, rebecca!
thanks for the good laugh. ;-)
i needed it...
Post a Comment