Saturday, April 05, 2008

Bible Reading

Helena loves to open "her" (actually my) precious moments Bible and pretend she's reading it to us. We thought for a minute she was going to be an old fashioned fire and brimstone preacher this morning. I think she was trying to imitate the preacher in Pollyanna, and I must say she did a fine job of it before we put a stop to it.

We suggested the fruit of the Spirit might be a better read. So after flipping back and forth to "find where we yeft off" she read to us. "The fruit of the Spirit" she said, "means that you have to be good and loving and kind. If a friend shares a toy you have to say 'Thank You'." Not too far off...

But from there it digressed once again... to Christopher Robin in the 100 acre wood. Daddy tried to explain that the 100 acre wood isn't in the Bible, to which Helena replied "I'm just telling a story, Daddy".

No comments: