A day or so before Christmas, I read to Helena a Little House Christmas story in which Laura gets a ragdoll and names it Charlotte. "If I get a new dolly for Christmas I am going to name her Charlotte" Helena declared.
Helena liked Charlotte, but I got nowhere near the reaction Daddy did with his house despite the hours upon hours of labor I put into her trying to figure out with my limited sewing skills what in the world I was doing lol. For some reason Helena has to "get used to" new dolls as she tells me. Now she and Charlotte play together a lot, but she was a bit unsure about her for some reason at first. Silly girl! She was never unsure about the one in the store that cost $120 that I copied in making this one!
Many thanks to Grammy for helping me do the head, embroidering the face and re-attaching the neck. There would be no Charlotte without you! :) She owes her "life" to you!
Oh, the picture of Daddy is him trying to be enthusiastic over Charlotte for me since Helena really wasn't lol ! The little goof!
No comments:
Post a Comment