"We send papers to farmer" She tells me. "Farmer plant veg-u. We go farm and get vegu". Vegetable is not an easy word for a not yet two year old, but she is progressing. It has run the gamut from "beju" to "bej-e-two" to now just "vegu".
After talking about the vegetables Helena never fails to add "I ask farmer ride cow." And lately "I hold farmer hand". I keep explaining that this is a vegetable farmer and I don't think they have any cows. But she can't seem to comprehend a farmer that doesn't have a cow! Anyway, we added a note to our CSA info when we sent it in telling them about Helena's request to ride a cow. We thought they would find it cute and funny.
We received an email saying they had received our CSA info and then they added the following:
And dear Helena - we do not have a cow at the
farm, but we do have 6 chickens who love to eat
popcorn and grapes, a barky but very friendly dog
named Ruby who likes to be petted alot and a black cat
named mittens. You can take a walk with your mommy and
daddy to the river and wiggle your toes in the water
when you come pick up your vegetables. I am looking
forward to meeting you, your mommy , and your daddy!!
farm, but we do have 6 chickens who love to eat
popcorn and grapes, a barky but very friendly dog
named Ruby who likes to be petted alot and a black cat
named mittens. You can take a walk with your mommy and
daddy to the river and wiggle your toes in the water
when you come pick up your vegetables. I am looking
forward to meeting you, your mommy , and your daddy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment