Last weekend we took Helena to a local county fair. We told her it had a carasol and other rides too. When we finally found the place (which took a while) Helena exclaimed with clapping of hands "Yeah! We at the fair! I sooooo excited!!! in the most animated little voice.
First we found the carasol which Helena enjoyed but which Joe and I found to be a great disappointment compared to a local one we usually enjoy. Next I brought Helena on a flying bumble bee ride that went in a circle and up and down. I was a bit uneasy that she would be frightened, but she loved it. Lastly, Joe convinced us to do the faris-wheel. Well, no convincing on Helena's part. She was all for it. I on the other hand don't like heights at all. So while Helena tried to stand on daddy's lap to see out, I looked at the floor. I didn't venture a look out til about the 3rd time around. Helena on the other hand, thought it great fun to be up higher than the tops of the trees.
Of course her favorite part of the fair were all the local horses, goats, sheep, chickens and other 4H animals. She also enjoyed a few minutes of the local kids talent show.
As soon as we left, before we were even back to the car, Helena exclaimed. "I want to go again." Only one time per year we told her. In case you haven't checked, county fairs have gotten rather expensive!!
No comments:
Post a Comment