Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Helena's First Haircut

















At 3 yrs and 3 mos, Helena had never had a haircut (other than me trimming her bangs). Her hair was all the way down to the bottom of her back and getting difficult to keep unsnarled at the ends. Time for the first haircut!

I toyed with doing it myself, but she wanted to "go to a salon and wear a cape and have someone else cut it just like mommy." She was *so* excited to have it cut which lasted until she got into the chair at which point she mostly wore the hugest sourpuss pout and wouldn't speak to us at all. I think she was nervous and overwhelmed. I have seriously NEVER heard her so quiet.




Helena's hair was so long that the hairdresser found it easier to cut with Helena standing on the floor! When she was done, Helena decided she loved it, and we headed off to Claire's for some sticker earrings to celebrate her new "look".

I can't believe how grown up she looks.... (and the nice hairdresser gave me, the silly sentimental mommy, the ponytail to keep). I also can't believe how blonde her hair appears in these pictures. It's been getting progressively lighter, but it's still browner than these photos appear.

(PS - please pardon boxes in background of 1st pic - we are moving in 3 wks and I've been sorting things)

No comments: