Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Helena Grace

I am so excited!! Tomorrow we fly on an airplane to go visit my Grammie! I haven't seen her since Christmas which is entirely too long. I can't wait to see her so she can see how cute and smart I am. I am very cute and smart you know....

Today I took my first pee pee on the potty and I'm not even quite 11 months old. I've been doing poo poos on the potty for quite some time already. Yesterday Mama and I went to Target and I got my very first pack of undies. I couldn't get character ones because they were too big, but the Hanes ones were not too too big. I wear them around the house when I'm practicing to be a big girl and to go on the potty. Sometimes I make puddles on the tile floor (I told Mama not to write that part), but we are making progress.

Early this evening Mama and I went to the beach where I went for a long walk. I walked the length of 4 or so houses up and then down the beach. Some of it I was walking in waves and all of it was walking in sand. Mama says I am sure to sleep well tonite after all of that exercise! I also played in the sand and some nice big girls (about 8 or 9) let me touch their "pet" sand crabs that they were catching. They wanted me to hold it and they wanted to hold me, but Mama said no.

We came home absolutely covered in sand and during our bath I got a lesson about faucets. I kept pointing to the shower head and sorta asking a question in my own little way - Mama always knows what I mean. So Mama explained to me how cold water comes from one faucet and hot from another and if you turn the middle one the water comes out of the top - and she demonstrated a bit for me. I paid very close attention, interjecting comments here and there, as all this was quite fascinating to me.

Yesterday while eating my oatmeal with applesauce and cinammon I decided I'd like to try to feed myself with the spoon. I haven't done this since the very first time I had solids on my 6 month birthday. I had a tiny bit of trouble scooping up the thick oatmeal, but mostly I was an old pro at it. Hardly spilled or made any mess at all! Mama says I have excellent fine motor skills. I can even pick up a hair off the floor and then give it to the other hand!

Speaking of picking up little things, yesterday I found where Mama keeps the onions in the cupboard and pulled them out and made a big mess and then Mama had to pick up all the little bits of onion skins while I tried to get to them first. It was like a race and so much fun! Another fun race we have is when Mama is sweeping the floor - to see if I can get to the dirt pile before she's cleaned it up. Only thing is, if I start to win, Mama puts me in my swing. I think that's not fair! It's cheating don't you think?

Well, it's almost my bedtime and Mama has written enough I think. I want her to hold me. Oh, one last thing I must add is how independent I am. Mama holds me lots and pays lots of attention to me so I am very secure. Last week at LLL I crawled right over to the group of babies and played there with them for 20 to 30 minutes without even looking up to see where Mama was! I know she will be there when I need her!

Love to all ~ Helena Grace

No comments: