Monday, April 03, 2006

Chickenpox or desparate times/ desparate measures ??

No, I don't have the chickenpox in that picture taken of me in my carseat. I have applesauce all over my face. I can't believe Mama insisted on publishing this one!

I suppose I ought to explain... We were on the way home from Whole Foods which is about an hour away, and I did NOT like the fact that I couldn't see Mama in the front seat. I think she was mean to not sit by me while she was driving. I thought my cries were communicating my displeasure and desire quite clearly, yet each time after Mama pulled over and came back to give me my binkie or nurse me to calm me, she would get right back in the front seat again!! Can you believe it! I was getting so frustrated with her! Finally after a long, long time (Mama says it was after pulling over at 4 different exits and 1 rest stop) we finally reached a compromise. Mama put some applesauce on my bib and velcroed it to my carseat and I deemed that a good enough substitute to seeing her face. Needless to say, I made a big mess, tho not so bad as Mama had expected since I fell asleep after about 5 minutes of sucking on my sticky fingers.

So there you have it - the full story! ~ Helena Grace

No comments: